Accessibility Statement
Text size:
Birmingham Connect to Support

Information and advice

You can find a wide range of information and advice relating to adult social care in the Information and Advice section. This covers staying independent, money and legal, support for carers, equipment and adaptions, and Adult Social Care service to mention but a few. 

Below are some sections to find out more information about key areas.

You can always return to the interactive community to select a different category.

CAB’s provide free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. They can also offer advice on debt and financial difficulties. Visit their national website  (opens in new window) or find out more about Birmingham CAB here (opens in new window).

Contact Birmingham City Council

Visit the Council’s website (opens in new window) for information about Council services. The City Council deals with:

  • Children and families
  • Transport
  • Environment
  • Adult Social Care and Health
  • Parks, leisure and wellbeing 
  • Waste management
  • Trading standards
  • Things to do     

This website has information and advice to help you on a range of topics.  We also have links to many other organisations who offer specialised advice or support.

You can also search our Community directory for organisations offering information and advice.

See our Money and Legal section for information about paying for care, benefits, advice and support.

You can also search our Community directory for organisations offering general financial advice (debt management, benefits, paying for care).

The Department of Work and Pensions (opens in new window) offer information about benefits.

Last updated: 11/27/2020

How would you rate this page?