Please review and correct the information below.


What is an assessment?

An assessment is simply a discussion between yourself and a social worker or other professional to better understand what help or support you might need.

This support may not be provided by the local authority. It might be support that your own family or friends may be able to provide intially until you are in need of social care services.

Professionals can give advice and support to older people with physical and sensory disabilities to enable them to live as independently as possible in their own homes or in a suitable residential setting within the community.

However, the Birmingham Connect to Support website is aimed at enabling you to make informed choices about what you can do for yourself to live independently in your own home.

Last reviewed: 02/03/2018

While every care has been taken in the compilation of this information, neither Birmingham City Council nor Public Consulting Group will be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience caused as a result of using the site and any inaccuracies/errors within these pages.

Feedback Provider sign up Local groups and activities sign up