How good is my local Care Home or Home Support?
Birmingham City Council have developed quality ratings to help you to understand the quality of service provided by your local care home (including nursing homes) or home support provider. The ratings look at the following factors:
- Giving people a good quality of life.
- Helping people to be as independent as possible.
- Involving people in the way care their care is provided.
- Keeping people safe.
They regularly update the ratings using information collected from a wide range of sources, including:
- The care providers themselves
- The Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Performance data held by Birmingham City Council
- Customer feedback from people using the services (provided by Healthwatch Birmingham)
You can find further information and the list of ratings here.