Staying Safe at Home
- Make sure you secure windows and doors before you leave the house
- If you are in the garden or upstairs, make sure your downstairs doors are locked and that you have a key with you to get in or out in a hurry
- Fit window locks and keep the keys in a safe place
- Keep tools and ladders securely locked away
- Display your burgular alarm and neighbourhood watch sticker prominently
- Put up a warning sign for visitors if you have a dog as this will deter thieves
- Keep valuable items out of view
- Don't leave keys under a doormat or on a string through the letterbox - Burgulars expect this.
West Midlands Police offer advice on Crime Prevention here.