Click on the sections below to find out more information.
You can always return to the interactive community to select a different category.
- Find information and advice in our Staying Independent section.
- Find out about suppliers of hot and frozen meals in Birmingham on the council website.
- Search our Community directory for local groups or resources to help you
- Search the Trading Standards Buy with Confidence directory for Cleaning services, Garden maintenance etc
- Search for home care agencies that offer Personal care (bathing, dressing, help to use the toilet etc) as well as other services.
Find information about public and community transport, Blue Badge parking, shopping, holidays, leisure activities and more in our Travel section.
Search our Community Directory for accessible transport and community bus schemes in your area.
AccessAble is a website that provides detailed information for you to work out if a place is going to be accessible to you in terms of the equipment you use or need.
If you think that you, or someone you know, might be being abused, please visit the Birmingham City Council website here.
If you believe it to be urgent please call the police on 999 or find out more at our adult safeguarding section.
Click on the links below for more information on support for:
- Physical disability services
- Learning disability services
- Visual impairments
- Deaf or hard of hearing
- Become a Shared Lives carers
- Support for carers
- Mental health services
- Voluntary and community health and care services in Birmingham
- Help paying for care
We have a section on this site that is dedicated to carers. You can find information and advice on what support and services are available, how you get those services and more.
There’s also advice Government advice on what to do if the person you care for can no longer manage their own affairs.
You can search our Community Directory for national organisations and local groups offering support for carers.