- Our equipment and adaptations information will help you to find equipment and technology that could help you with your daily living at home.
- Click on our Equipment House below to find advice and suggestions on the right equipment to help
Click on the sections below to find out more information.
You can always return to the interactive community to select a different category.
- Find information and advice in our Staying Independent section.
- Find out about suppliers of hot and frozen meals in Birmingham on the council website.
- Search our Community directory for local groups or resources to help you
- Search the Trading Standards Buy with Confidence directory for Cleaning services, Garden maintenance etc
- Search for home care agencies that offer Personal care (bathing, dressing, help to use the toilet etc) as well as other services.
Find information about public and community transport, Blue Badge parking, shopping, holidays, leisure activities and more in our Transport section.
Search our Community Directory for accessible transport and community bus schemes in your area.
Visit Birmingham Offer information for disabled visitors to the city. Click here to find out more.
- Make sure you secure windows and doors before you leave the house
- If you are in the garden or upstairs, make sure your downstairs doors are locked and that you have a key with you to get in or out in a hurry
- Fit window locks and keep the keys in a safe place
- Keep tools and ladders securely locked away
- Display your burgular alarm and neighbourhood watch sticker prominently
- Put up a warning sign for visitors if you have a dog as this will deter thieves
- Keep valuable items out of view
- Don't leave keys under a doormat or on a string through the letterbox - Burgulars expect this.
West Midlands Police offer advice on Crime Prevention here.
If you think that you, or someone you know, might be being abused, please visit the Birmingham City Council website here.
If you believe it to be urgent please call the police on 999 or find out more at our adult safeguarding section.
Click on the links below for more information on support for:
We have a section on this site that is dedicated to carers. You can find information and advice on what support and services are available, how you get those services and more. There’s also advice on what to do if the person you care for can no longer manage their own affairs.
Search our Community Directory for national organisations and local groups offering support for carers.